Enough of that - I'm trying to
While many folks were spending their Memorial Day weekend cooking out or hitting the pool, the Hubs and I were getting our summer garden ready. In the past, we (read, the Hubs) have tilled the garden and sown seeds or put plants directly into the ground. And while this method has worked okay for us it is not optimal. The weeds would get out. of. control. I mean, when I had my appendix removed last summer, I thought I was going to have to get a machete just to get to the base of all the weeds. It was terrible. With the thought of pulling weeds after having my appendix out still fresh in my mind I
Being the dork that I am, I took pictures so I could share. I should have taken before pics but, alas, I thought about that after we were finished. (Okay, so I just now thought about it. Don't judge, it's been a tough couple of weeks!)
First, the Hubs used a tiller to loosen up the soil. He had done this once before to turn over the weeds so they would die. This time I got to pull out all of the rocks!
Once we had the frame level and square, the hubs put 2 more screws in each of the corners (for a total of 3 in each corner). Looks good so far!
Next came my favorite part. The DIRT! (Excuse me, soil. Sorry Honey!)
So that's what we did this weekend. But this post wouldn't be complete without some Babycakes...