Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Memories

Gosh!  I really didn't mean to go so long without updating my blog.  I could say it's because of the exciting things we were doing but the truth is I just got lazy. :-(

Things have really been rather peaceful here the past week or so.  The hubs and I have both been home from work due to the holidays (bonus of being teachers) so we have been able to spend some time with Babycakes.  While I think she has enjoyed having us at home it's really thrown a monkey wrench into her schedule.  Naps and bedtime are completely out of whack.  Even I'm having trouble sleeping at night.  In fact, I may go lay down and take a nap after updating this!

But I wanted to share some pictures of our Christmas celebrations...

After reading the Christmas story from the Bible and The Night Before Christmas, Babycakes posed for a picture in her Christmas pjs by Santa's cookies and milk.  She has a wise man in her hand from her Nativity set that she refused to leave behind.  He joined us as I rocked her to sleep that night.


The next morning (after a wardrobe change due to a night-time accident) Babycakes and her Daddy were able to check out the loot that Santa left behind.




Grammy gave her some Elmo pajamas.  As you can tell from her expression, they were a BIG hit!

 Grammy seriously got carried away with the gifts...

 But the Elmo book was a gift she loved.


 I'm not sure who had more fun, Babycakes or Grammy.


Ole Girl loves kitties...


After opening gifts, we got dressed and went to spend some time with my in-laws.  Where Babycakes opened MORE presents!

Like this jewelry box from her Uncle Larry.

I am so grateful for all of the gifts that people gave to our little angel, but seriously, what do I do with all of this stuff???  We live in a 2 bedroom house that is bursting at the seams as it is.  I don't want to seem as if I am not thankful for what we have because I truly am.  But it makes me a little sad too because I know there are children in this world who have nothing while we have so much.  

This makes me think we need to reign in our Christmas gift giving so that we can teach our sweet girl the true meaning of the Season - the birth of our Savior.  Any ideas on what we can begin to do differently next year?  I'd love to hear your ideas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment