Friday, May 16, 2014

Fire and Flood

No work for me today! Our school division is closed due to flooding throughout the county. Babycakes is sleeping in, the Hubs is off to get a haircut and I am enjoying my morning coffee and the Today show. I am watching the news out of Southern California (my home state) and the irony of the situation is not lost on me.While I am home due to an overabundance of rain, Californians are desperate for a brief shower to get a leg up on the fires. My thoughts and prayers are with those impacted in any way by the horrible devastation. I am thankful today that my basement is flooded and my family is safe.

Despite being off for flooding, I plan on going into work to get caught up on some paperwork. I have a love/hate relationship with the month of May. I love the green trees, blooming flowers, warm air, and the light at the end of the school year tunnel. I don't like the impact all the greening can have on my allergies, the crazy behavior of the kids (hard to believe that middle school kids could get any crazier than they already are but trust me-it's possible!), state mandated testing, and the ridiculous amount of paperwork that must be completed. Alas, it must all be finished so I will head in for a couple of hours today in an effort to tackled the mound of paperwork that awaits.

Since I drive the bridge that spans the river I'll see if I can get some pictures to post of the local flooding. I hope this Friday is kind to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment