Monday, August 13, 2012

What a summer!  I really wanted to blog every week but alas, this summer has been more than a little stressful and not conducive to blogging.
It all started on a Friday in mid-July.  I dropped Babycakes off to spend the day with Grammy while I did a little work on a dissertation precis at a local coffee shop.  I had some serious indigestion (or so I thought).  After working for a couple of hours I picked up Babycakes and we went swimming at my aunt's house in spite of my "indigestion." 
When I arrived home I promptly handed the little one to the hubs and laid on the couch with my very angry tummy.  I couldn't eat and couldn't sleep.  He got Babycakes into bed and I asked him if he would drive me to urgent care.  I'm not usually one to go to the doctor unless it's for a check-up or if I'm running a fever, but I was in some serious pain.  So instead of heading to urgent care the hubs took me to the emergency room.  My sister and brother-in-law came to stay with Babycakes while we went on our hospital adventure.
Well to make a long story short(er), I ended up having my appendix removed Saturday afternoon.  It was not a pleasant experience but I am glad it's over!  I think the worst part was being away from Babycakes for 2 whole nights!  I missed that little booger! 
I went today for my final post-op check-up and was cleared for regular activity again.  It's a good thing too because I go back to work next week!
I have done some other "fun" things this summer.  I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.  But for now, I need to go can some pickles!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - glad you trusted your gut (no pun intended) and went to the ER, also glad all is okay and you're back home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It could have been a lot more serious!

      Delete