Sunday, November 18, 2012

1st Haircut!

I have been putting off getting Babycakes a haircut.  I just couldn't bring myself to have her sweet baby hair cut  trimmed.  But finally I had to give in and take her to get it cleaned up.  She was starting to look like she had a mullet!  So I called my mom and asked her to come along for Baby's first haircut and she happily obliged!
Since we went to Hair Cuttery (I always get my hair cut here.  They do a great job and you can't beat the price!) And no, they didn't pay me to say this.  We had a bit of a wait (my least favorite part about my favorite place to get a cut) so Babycakes had some time to check the place out.

I was able to get a "before" shot of the back of her hair.
 And yes, that's a double crown.  That will be fun in a couple of years!  


See how sweet she looks and why I drug my feet to get her hair cut?

But I digress,  she did a great job sitting in the chair (don't have photos uploaded for that yet!) and got a lollipop for being a such a good girl.


The new 'do...

 

So she would have time to eat her lollipop we went next door to the pet store where she made a new friend.




On Sunday we traveled north to visit my Grandmother.  While we were there, I saw this cute little card holder on the door of one of the residents...


It looks pretty easy to make if I can find the time...

But before we left, I was able to get a multi-generational photo of me, Babycakes, my Dad, and my Grandma.  There are somethings more precious than gold!



 Before I end this post I wanted to share a couple of (unrelated) pictures.  One of the things I love about Babycakes growing and developing is her new interest in books.  She now sits long enought for me to read her a (short) story.  This was taken one night this week.  It's one of her favorite books.


 Finally, I wanted to post a picture of my furry "baby," Cleo.  She found this plastic shoebox to be just the right perch to watch the comings and goings in the house.

Hope you all have a great week!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


No comments:

Post a Comment