So in order to vent as well as to keep things in perspective I have devised a ten and ten list. The first ten things I do NOT like. I feel like hate is a word best reserved for things such as Satan and other evil-doings. This is a list of 10 things I could do without...
1. Stinkbugs. Seriously, where did these things come from??? One year I have never seen one and the next year they are EVERYWHERE!
2. "Decorative Animal Heads" These things just creep me out. Am I the only one???
3. "That's a fact, Jack!" Please note, I have never seen Duck Dynasty but my middle school boys have and I hear this quote from the show. all. day. long. I will never watch Duck Dynasty for two reasons. The first being this incredible annoying quote and the second being that I don't have cable.
4. Chevron Printed "stuff" I don't know why I'm so against this pattern, I just feel it is waaaaaay overdone in home decorating these days.
5. Reality TV. I know a lot of folks who love it but I could live without ever watching reality tv. I'll take an old fashioned sitcom any day.
6. Not having enough time to get done what needs to be done AND what I want to do!
7. Having the heat on at the end of April because it is so. freaking. cold.
8. Itchy skin. See #7 for why I have such itchy skin!
9. Running late. I try and have everything laid out the night before because I don't do well in the mornings but it seems no matter how much I prepare and how early I get up I'm still running later than I would like.
10. Liver and onions. This has to be the most disgusting thing in the world. Mom used to make us eat it when we were kids. I can't even stand the smell of it cooking in the house.
The next ten things are things I don't want to live without. I don't use the word "love" because I reserve that word for my family, God, and my pets. :-)
(Note: These are things I don't want to live without under the premise I have heat, indoor plumbing, air-conditioning, and other first world necessities.)
1. Yardley's English Lavender Soap. This stuff is about $1.00 a bar and smells heavenly!
2. Books. I believe Thomas Jefferson said it best, "I cannot live without books."
3. Small towns like Dayton, Virginia where there is still a large population of "old order" Mennonites.
4. The beach. Most any beach will do. :-)
5. Ice cream. Chocolate is my favorite, but any kind will do.
6. I recently got my first iPhone and absolutely LOVE it. Each Sunday Babycakes and I use the FaceTime feature for her to talk to her Poppa (my Dad) in Texas. It makes being far from family a little easier. And it's totally like the Jetsons!
7. I am not ashamed to admit that I color my hair. I do it at home for 3 reasons. 1.) It's a lot cheaper than the salon ($7.99 without a coupon versus $80 without a tip!) 2.) I don't have time to have it colored in a salon (several hours versus 45 minutes start to finish) and 3.) I get more compliments on the color when I do it myself than when I have it done professionally.
8. I am also not ashamed to admit that I drive a mini-van and LOVE it. Eat your heart out!
9. My Scentsy warmers. I have 3 of these in my house and one in my classroom. The one in the picture above is the just like the one I put in Babycakes' room. I love that they have yummy smells, it's like burning a candle without the threat of Babycakes getting burned or me burning down the house! It's also the perfect nightlight. (I linked to my friend, Ashley's page if you are interested. She did not pay me to post this, nor am I getting free anything for writing this!) :-)
10. The Golden Girls. Must be the best comedy in the history of television. I own all 7 seasons and watch them repeatedly.
Thanks for "listening" to me. I needed that! I'm hoping to get some picture up soon to show you all some of the stuff we've been doing here at Wilted Acres as well as a couple of projects I have squeezed in!
Enjoy the week!