Monday, September 24, 2012

Winter Coat Update

With fall in the air I thought I would do a quick post on the SUPER cute coat I got for Babycakes. 

A few weeks ago I stopped at a yard sale on my way home from the Farmer's Market and found a cute little red coat for $1!!!

While cute, I felt it needed a little "something" for my sweet girl.  It really looked like a boy coat but for $1 I really couldn't pass it up!  Enter the fun flower buttons...

As you can see from the picture they were $.78 at Wal-Mart.  I looked at a fabric store (I really wanted ladybug buttons) but couldn't find what I wanted (read - could afford).  I found some really nice bamboo buttons, but to buy enough for the coat it would have been $10!  I only paid $1 for the coat!  So I settled on the Wal-Mart buttons.  I wasn't sure how I would feel about it but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  Take a look...
I think the model is beautiful!  I decided if we are blessed with another little one down the road that I can always change the buttons if needed.

Let's recap:
Coat $1.00
Buttons: 2 packs @ $.78
Grand Total: $2.56 for a "new" winter coat.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment