Wednesday, March 6, 2013

East Coast Beast

Kind of an odd name, I'll admit, but that's what the media has dubbed this snowstorm that is currently hammering our region.  When we got up this morning we already had about 6 inches of snow on the ground.  While it is still snowing it isn't really sticking to much because the temps are above freezing.  No matter, I love a good snow because I don't (typically) have to go anywhere.  I am especially thankful for this snow because it's giving me some extra time to recover from this miserable virus I have that will not exit my body.

Anyway, the Hubs went out to shovel the driveway and as soon as he put on his coat, Babycakes was hot on his heels.  She does not like to get left behind.  I thought we would let her go out for a few minutes (no more than 5) and she would be done - ready to come inside.  She has never been a big fan of snow.  Not this time.  She had a blast "helping" her Daddy shovel snow.  Since I'm still not 100% I decided I would stay inside and enjoy the warmth.  But when I saw how much fun she was having I snuck outside for a couple of minutes to take some pictures.

Initially, I tried to get away with staying close to the house so I wouldn't have to go out into the snow.  But I quickly realized I should suck it up and head out there to capture this sweet moment in her little life.




I LOVE this expressing on her face!  It's such a look of childlike wonder.




Babycakes had a blast "helping" daddy shovel the snow.




See her little mittens?  Not mittens at all.  They are her Cinderella socks.  The kid probably has 4 pairs of mittens and I could find 1.  Not one pair, 1 mitten.  Mama got creative.  I knew she would not have the patience to wait Mama was too worn out to look for mittens.






And just so folks don't think I'm a total sloth while sick, I wanted to update you on a couple of projects I've been working on.

My beautiful baby younger sister is expecting her first child in July.  I have been working on knitting a blanket for her baby and thought I would update you on what I've gotten accomplished so far.

While being sick has not been fun, at least I'm being productive while I rest.

I also finished the counted cross stitch sampler I have been working on for nine years.  It's washed and just needs to be pressed and framed.  Once that's been completed I'll post a pic of the finished product.  
 
I also picked up another counted cross stitch project I laid aside for far too long and started working on it again.  When I showed the Hubs the project he looked at me and said, "Why do you keep punishing yourself with this stuff?"  Hee! Hee!  I really do enjoy this stuff.  I'm just slow about getting things finished.  It probably doesn't help that I have crafter ADD. 




 
Anyway, soup is in the Crock-Pot and I am (hopefully) going to bake some bread to go with it.  It's a new soup recipe.  If it's tasty I'll share it with you next time.  Until then, enjoy the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment