Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer, Please Don't Leave Me! I'm Not Ready Yet!

With my summer quickly dwindling away, I need to get my poop together and get some stuff done around here!  While pondering this the other day, I decided that I needed to get moving on some projects before heading back to work at the end of August.  One of the projects that has been hanging over my head for a couple of years is painting the kitchen ceiling.  (Look!  I made a punny!) Unfortunately I knew it would not be a simple project. This is because in addition to painting the ceiling I also need to repaint the walls because the paint is peeling.  So I decided to start peeling paint of the kitchen walls so that I could start the process of painting the ceiling.  

Why am I peeling the paint off of the kitchen walls?  Because whoever owned the house before painted a latex paint over an oil-based paint.  If you aren't familiar with paint - painting latex over oil is a HUGE no-no.  This is because the latex simply peels off of the original oil based paint.  And when I say peel I mean PEEL in huge sheets.  Not all of the paint peeling has been in huge sheets.  There has also been a lot of chipping that crap off with a razor blade.  

Well, as the Hubs and I were finishing up the walls today we made a horrible discovery.  The ceiling has to be peeled too.  UGH!!! This just added even more time/work/money to this "simple" summer project.  So, in order to get everything done that I would like to do this summer I am having to be a little more structured with the remainder of my time off.  This being said, I am putting my "TO DO" list on my blog in the hopes that someone will actually read it and hold me accountable for making sure I do this.  So here is goes...

Monday:
-Work on Dissertation for at least 4 hours
-Make purees (butternut/yellow squash, red pepper, cauliflower)
-Call Assistant Principal about possible Professional Development Presentation for faculty

Tuesday:-Work on dissertation during Babycakes' nap
-Work on Little Firecracker's baby blanket for at least 30 minutes 


Wednesday:
-Peel paint 

Thursday:
-Swimming with Babycakes (it is summer after all!)
-Dissertation during nap
-30 minutes on Little Firecracker's Blanket


Friday:
-Minimum 4 hours on dissertation
-"Catch-Up" on household chores



I know this may not seem like an enormous list of things to get finished in a week's time when I don't have to go to work and Babycakes is in pre-school 3 days a week.  But I am not very good about finishing projects and I need to get something done!  Please keep me motivated!
Thanks!  I hope you all have a wonderful (and productive) week!




No comments:

Post a Comment